In order to send large attachment files from your outlook with the help of Sendlinx, you must have completed the following steps:
1. Create and sign-up for a Sendlinx account from https://portal.sendlinx.com/auth/login
2. Download the setup.exe file from https://sendlinx.com/showcase/ and install the Outlook Plugin.
3. Activate the Sendlinx account in Outlook > Sendlinx > Activate.
Once all the above steps are completed, then follow the below steps to send large file attachments using Sendlinx:
1. Click on New Email to compose a new email.
2. In the new message window, under Sendlinx group at the top ribbon bar, you will see two options - Upload & Settings. Click on Settings to configure the settings.
3. Under Settings, you will see four tabs - Home, FTP, Options & Links.
Home tab is where you will add all your Sendlinx accounts. You can add one or many Sendlinx accounts under this tab that you can designate for different purposes.
Under FTP tab, you can add your own private FTP server so your files are uploaded and stored into your own FTP server.
Options tab is where you specify when Outlook should prompt you to use Sendlinx if the attachment is larger than a defined size. Check mark the option "If any attachment is bigger than XX MB then use Sendlinx to send the file" and then you can specify the size of your file, for example 15MB. The Default value is 20 MB.
Under that is the section where you can specify if you want to set expiration for the link, meaning, if you want the link to expire after certain days/time, this is where you would specify that.
Check mark the box next to Automatically change the link at expiry date/time so the recipient no longer has the access to that shared link after the defined expiry date/time.
Also check mark the box to Prompt to use Sendlinx and have the pop up appear anytime attachments are larger than 15MB.
Links tab is where you manage all the previously shared links. From this tab, you can change the existing links, change the expiration on those links and also re-share the existing links or just delete the links from this tab.
4. After configuring settings, go back to New Email window. Enter the email and recipients and try to attach a file - like in our case, any file bigger than 15 MB as we have set the size of 15 MB in settings.
5. After you are done with composing email and attaching the file, click on Send. As soon as you will hit Send, a pop up will appear that would say "Attachment size is XX MB. Maximum attachment size set is 15 MB. Do you wish to use Sendlinx to send the file? Click Yes.
6. The Upload window from Sendlinx will appear. Click on Select Account to chose the Sendlinx account you want to use to send the file. From the Select Account drop down, chose your Sendlinx account, you can chose to Set this account as default and click OK.
7. You can Set the Expiry Date/Time for the link. Click on Start Upload.
8. Once the first file is Uploaded, you can add more files by clicking on Add Files(s). Once you add additional files, you get another option to Zip all the added files as well as Password Protect them. Keep the box checked for Zip Added files and set a password in the Zip Password box and then click on Start Upload. Once the files are uploaded, click on Done and then Send Email.
Sending large attachment files using Sendlinx is that wasy.